RE: OT: extensions

by "David L. Semans" <dsemans(at)linkny.com>

 Date:  Thu, 13 Apr 2000 01:12:19 -0400
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Harold,
Get over it.  Yesteryear is gone.  Microsoft is today.  Tomorrow will be
different.  Somebody else will rule (not that Microsoft has a complete grip
on the computer/internet world).  Everyone makes their own choices and they
live with them.  How the heck does it infringe on your life if some obscure
file extension exists on the internet?  Did Microsoft point a gun to your
head and force you to (*gasp*) use .htm instead of .html.
My point was that we all know there are lots of extensions.  We have a
choice of how we use the internet to our advantage.  We aren't boxed into
the corner by anybody.  We don't have to use anything promoted by Microsoft
or any other software company.
As to my lack of an answer: I apologize for not providing an answer.  I did
research it, albeit briefly.  My lack of an answer was a reflection of my
trust in the list to come up with an answer.  I am not in a position to
spend large amounts of time answering questions.  I did feel that it was
about time that someone address the venomous attitude with which you
constantly reply to posts on the HWG mail lists.
_Constructive_ Computing,
David L. Semans