RE: PSP5 and EPS

by "Michael Gerholdt" <gerholdt(at)ait.fredonia.edu>

 Date:  Tue, 10 Nov 1998 07:37:05 -0500
 To:  "S Ross" <sross(at)sssnet.com>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>,
"Virginia Blalock" <skatefan(at)visions.simplenet.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original

>I get the option to "save as" in EPS, I just don't get the option
>of opening an .EPS file format in my  PSP5.

>>I can save a file from another format to EPS in PSP5 so I can't see why
>>you couldn't open an EPS file..

The logic of the latter may seem intuitively correct but a simple test for
truth brings it to its knees. (Scene on a one-way street: "But officer, I
drove _down_ this street, so I can't see why I can't drive _up_ it!")

The former is the case.

Open an image in PSP5, save it in EPS format, put the file away. Then try to
re-open it in PSP and you will be informed that "The specified file cannot
be identified as a supported type."

One might intuitively hope/expect that this street will be widened in the
future to support two-way traffic.

pmg