RE: Backgrounds

by "Michael Gerholdt" <gerholdt(at)ait.fredonia.edu>

 Date:  Fri, 20 Nov 1998 18:26:26 -0500
 To:  "Lynne Marshall" <l.marshall(at)strath.ac.uk>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Lynne wrote:

>Forgive my ignorance.

But this is the information age. Ignorance is not forgivable, sorry.

>I am trying to create a background using PSP.  I thought my width should be
>680 pixels but when I open the image up in my browser I get a repeat
>pattern.  I know there must be a simple answer.

Your simple answer is contained in your question. Obviously you have the
resolution set wrong on your monitor. Reduce it to 640x480 to avoid problems
like this.

You can get by with making your width only 640 if you follow my advice. Not
only will you avoid the problem you mention, but you'll save so much
bandwidth!

Others will recommend that you make your background 1280 or more pixels
wide. But why go to such lengths to solve a simple problem?

Of course, you must decide how to resolve the issue of your ignorance, and
to whom you will listen.

>Can anyone help.

You simply need ask.

>Thanks
>Lynne

You are most welcome.

Michael

-Truth comes to those who search. Maybe sometimes.