RE: Providing sample mock-ups to potential clients

by "Walter Kesting" <kesting(at)mindspring.com>

 Date:  Tue, 21 May 2002 12:51:00 -0400
 To:  "'Maureen A. Barlow'" <mobarlow(at)earthlink.net>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I agree, DO NOT SEND THEM.

Let them look at a web page with samples of logos for OTHER clients.

DO NOTHING FOR FREE!

Ask them for a deposit (not a cheap deposit).  Make them PAY MONEY for your
time.  Be polite but FIRM!  Set a minimum for logo design with x% due at
agreement time and y% due after first mock ups are due and the balance due
at finals.   They do NOT get stuff if they are not CURRENT in their debts
with you.

Also, on every mockup you submit put a copyright logo on it showing that it
belongs to you to make them hesitate from stealing it.

Many people think art work is cheap or free.  It is NOT!  Folks on Madison
avenue charge millions of dollars for logos like the Nike boomerang

Walter