RE: Frames or Not?

by "Mario Figueiredo" <marfig(at)ebonet.net>

 Date:  Fri, 22 Jan 1999 01:08:19 -0000
 To:  "Carol Geary" <caroling(at)earthlink.net>,
<CNLynch101(at)aol.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> > How many people will actually view my site with an older browser that is
> > incapable of showing frames?  Is this a big problem.

Nope.
If you really want to use frames, just use the NOFRAMES tag to deal with all
of those browsers that can't handle them. But beware that this approach
deals only with older browsers, not with ADA "targets" using newer browsers.

> That brings up another question. It seems that Netscape
> provides enough space in the status bar at the bottom of the
> browser, to actually display URLs of links. But MSIE has a
> tiny box that isn't big enough. Is there any way to provide
> that info for people who don't use Netscape? Does MSIE have
> a browser setting where you can increase the space?

Nope. But the new version 5 (still in beta) has that problem fixed.

Regards,
Mario Figueiredo

PS: Sorry about that "targets", but English is not my mother tongue.