RE: drawbacks to mixing cases in files

by "Gary Barber" <gazbe(at)omen.com.au>

 Date:  Wed, 17 Feb 1999 15:37:28 +0800
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Mark is right, if I remember my Unix correctly.

Each character on a the computer is controlled  by an ASCII table, each
character has a separate code. This code is different for upper, lower case,
and special characters.  So this makes FRED.jpg a totally different file to
FRED.JPG.  Mind you a lot the better FTP utilities have  an option to auto
convert to lower/upper case.

Whatever you do you must be consistent.

Gary Barber