RE: recolouring feathered shapes in Photoshop

by "Shay Jones" <shay(at)wcnet.net>

 Date:  Thu, 26 Nov 1998 08:37:46 -0600
 To:  "Joanne Butt" <j.butt(at)bilk.ac.uk>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
A handy tool I use occasionally that makes the job of recoloring images
quick and easy is a KPT Plugin for Photoshop called Convolver.  It takes the
color in an image and changes the entire palette of colors to a new color -
that is, it changes all the shades of the color to the new color.  And it
has a really nice browser that lets you look at various colors and pick from
one that looks best for your application.  There are, of course, much more
technical ways to modify the color, but this method is very simple and
quick.  Their web site is through Metacreations at
http://www.metacreations.com or http://www.metatools.com , however I just
tried both sites and they appear to be down at the moment.  There is a
pretty good tutorial for PSP and Convolver at
http://www.northnet.com.au/~robrow/tutorials/convolver/convolver.htm so you
might take a look at it some general info.

Good luck

Shay

I'm designing some buttons for a site at the moment which have curves. They
look fine as they are anti-alaised but for one button I have to change the
colour. I have tried several ways, (replace colour, selecting the button
with the wand and feathering the selection,) but every time I fill the
selected shape of course, it fills it with solid colour and so it appears
jagged.
I can redraw it from scratch but this is a problem I have come up against a
few times and I wondered if any of you might have some alternative ideas?

Many thanks
Jo Butt
Web Designer and Coordinator
Bradford College