Re: Resoultion

by "Enoch's Vision, Inc. (Cary Enoch R.)" <caryenochr(at)enochsvision.com>

 Date:  Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:32:14 -0500
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
From: owner-hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org [mailto:owner-hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org] On
Behalf Of Cindy Stanley
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 1999 8:54 AM
To: TheWideWeb(at)aol.com; hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org

>Is this really true, that on all new computers, the default is set at
>640x480? Can someone else verify this? This sounds too strange to be a
>default on "new" computers.

My Gateway GX450XL shipped with the resolution preset to 800x600 because the
system included a DVD2 drive as standard equipment. DVD movies require
800x600. I just use Quickres to change it back and forth to suit my needs. I
haven't seen a high-end computer ship with 640x480 for a very long time.

Cary E.R.
~~~~~~~~~
Enoch's Vision, Inc., Peach County, Georgia
http://www.enochsvision.com/ (my art gallery, plus poetry, satire, and
p-drama). enochsvision.net & .arts (soon), visionarypark.com.