RE: mixing pixels for web safe colors

by "Michael Gerholdt" <gerholdt(at)ait.fredonia.edu>

 Date:  Sat, 30 Jan 1999 20:34:20 -0500
 To:  "Chris Hawkins" <wings(at)azstarnet.com>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi, Chris,

I've always done it by hand, pixel by pixel; create a swatch, copy and paste
till it's a little bigger, then copy and paste the bigger section.

Wouldn't be surprised if there are sites out there with some downloadable
thumbnails you could multiply in similar fashion.

Once you have one made, as a template, you can use color switching to come
up with any other combination, so you _really_ only need to do it once for a
two color combo, etc. Not that big of a job, really. Timewise, you could
have done it between the time you sent your message and I responded to it.
It's just a somewhat boring task but one with useful results.