Re: Re:unbundle

by "Andrew Tait" <atait(at)netc.net.au>

 Date:  Thu, 5 Feb 1998 11:27:04 +1100
 To:  <sunquist(at)cen.quik.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
That is exactly what Netscape did too! First it was free, and then you had
to pay for it (even though it was distributed for free). But now
Communicator 5 is going to be free, along with the source! :-)

You are getting a free product, don't complain.

Many companies are doing exactly the same thing, Eudora lite/pro,
FPExpress/98, Outlook Express/98, Xres 2.0SE/ Full version. It is the basics
of the shareware principle!

Andrew Tait atait(at)netc.net.au

>Hi
>Sounds vaguely similar to what the Justice department said about W95/IE4
>
>Earl

>> Anyway, I was very impressed with the beta version of Image Composer
>> and imagine my chagrin after it expired when I was informed that I
>> MUST buy Front Page if I want Image Composer.  <snip>
<snip>