RE: drop shadows.

by "Peter Williams" <Peter.Williams(at)hendersons.com.au>

 Date:  Mon, 23 Nov 1998 07:59:45 +1100
 To:  "Kyle Matthews" <jits(at)ihug.co.nz>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I believe the normal way is to select the items
you want to add the drop shadow to, copy them,
paste to a new layer, fill with the shadow colour,
use gaussian blur to make them 'shadowy',
move the shadow layer behind the other layers,
reposition the shadows approx 5 pixels down and right
of the original.

Most late model graphics apps that are aimed at web work
will have a preset 'drop shadow' effect that automates
the steps for you. Macromedia Fireworks, JASC Paintshop Pro,
and Micrografx Picture Publisher spring to mind as examples.

Peter Williams
LAN Support/Webmaster