Re: [Photoshop] Non-angular corners

by "Shay" <shay(at)wcnet.net>

 Date:  Mon, 23 Feb 1998 04:50:24 -0600
 To:  "[hwg graphics]" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>,
"Brian" <brianj(at)ais.ais-gwd.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Brian,

Don't feel bad - Creating a box with rounded corners is tricky in PS - In
fact I don't even have that totally mastered.  I'll give you a clue on how
to start it and perhaps another will have some advise on how to make it a
perfect box.

With the rectangular selection marquee selected, go to the Marquee Options
pallete and set the feather to about 20-30 pixels, depending on how curved
you want your box.   Now make your box.  The selection will have the curved
corners.  Right click on the selection and make a working path.  Go to the
Paths pallete and make a selection setting the feather to 0.  Now go back to
the layers and stroke the selection.  That's it - You'll probably have to
play around with it to get the box looking good.

Now another tip:  What I tend to use instead of PS to make the box is the
old MSPaint from Win3.1 - It makes a great rounded box with no hassels and
it's anti-aliasing is much better than what I can do with PS.  The new
MSPaint under Win95 lost that functionality, so for a long time I had a copy
of the old MSPaint on my system just for making those boxes.

Shay  B-)

Bare Tranquility Web Design
http://www.wcnet.net/shay/index.html
shay(at)wcnet.net  /  shay(at)intertex.net
Member of the HTML Writer's Guild
http://www.hwg.org/