RE: website check

by "Peter Williams" <Peter.Williams(at)hendersons.com.au>

 Date:  Tue, 2 Feb 1999 08:13:03 +1100
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Assuming the url at the bottom is the site in question.

The background isn't wide enough, it repeats on the right.
The sentence shown below should say ARE not IS.
++ All of the text and graphics is my own design work and my own ideas. ++
On the viewing instructions page the part sentence shown below should
say GARBLED not JARBLED.
++ they will look somewhat jarbled. ++

The opening page is somehow too cluttered and busy, I think some
whitespace should replace the ENTER animation and the purple bar.
I would be inclined to make the moons on the background smaller.

The quill thing is too fuzzy, I would re-do it and try and get it
clear and sharp, maybe tone down the orangeness of the scroll thing.
It isn't the sort of thing that should be a jpg either, the edges get
that horrible fringiness so typical of compressed jpg's. Do it as a gif.

How is that for starters?

I used IE4.01 under Win95, 1024x768 on a 17" monitor, true colour.
(Browser window at approx 75% of screen width 90% height)

Cheers.

Peter Williams
LAN Support/Webmaster