Re: Flash page

by "Mike Taylor" <lonewolf(at)one.net>

 Date:  Fri, 5 Feb 1999 03:30:58 -0500
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Doeppel <dave(at)davesdesign.com>

>My question is this, how can I make it fit the entire screen?  I have seen
>some flash sites that will resize with the browser window.

Dave:

I found the following text in the Flash 3 Help file:

*************************************
Page Layout settings in Aftershock

These settings determine the size and position of your Shockwave Flash movie
within a web page.

Dimensions
Dimensions sets the values of the WIDTH and HEIGHT attributes in the OBJECT
and EMBED tags. The size is in pixels by default and matches the document
size that was specified in the Flash file. To change the Width and Height
values, deselect the Match Movie option and type new values into the fields.
To set the movie dimensions relative to the browser window, select the
Percentage of Browser Window Size option and enter percentage values into
the Width and Height fields.

Alignment
Alignment specifies the ALIGN attribute for the OBJECT, EMBED, and IMG tags
and determines how the Flash movie window is positioned within the browser
window.

Left Aligns the movie along the left edge of the browser window and crops
the top, bottom, and right sides as necessary.

Right Aligns the movie along the right edge of the browser window and crops
the top, bottom, and left sides as necessary.

Top Aligns the movie along the top edge of the browser window and crops the
bottom, left, and right sides as necessary.

Bottom Aligns the movie along the bottom edge of the browser window and
crops the top, left, and right sides as necessary.

Hyperlinks
This option generates a list of the URLs used by the Get URL action in the
Flash movie, and stores them in a comment in your HTML document. The list
allows link verification tools to see and verify your links.

Text
This option generates a list of the text used in the Flash movie and stores
it in a comment in your HTML document. This list lets search engines see and
index the text.