RE: image map

by "Martin T Hugo" <martyh(at)erinet.com>

 Date:  Tue, 13 Apr 1999 20:59:08 -0400
 To:  "RHoltzworth" <rbh97(at)earthlink.net>,
"hwg-graphics" <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Rich,

First the hi-tech approach.  You could try converting it to vector graphics
in Corel or Autocad (with Cadoverlay), then you could change size without
suffering the dreaded "jaggies".  You can buy Corel Draw older versions
(more than capable of doing this) for around $50.  Autocad and Cadoverlay
requires a second mortgage and the sale of your firstborn :-(

Then you could try this: load the graphic in any program capable of showing
it on the screen, MSWord, Pagemaker etc.  Zoom the screen until it is the
size you want it to be (if you're running a decent windows resolution you
should see smooth line art).  Then use a screen capture utility such as the
one in Paint Shop Pro to copy it right into the graphics prog.  It should be
almost the right size and you won't have to mess with it so much.  Sounds
quick and dirty (which it is) but believe me, with a little practice and
experimentation it produces good results, particularly if the graphic
required too much reduction any other way.

Sorry, can't help with the database question.

HTH

Martin T Hugo
Wilmington Computer Services
+1-937-382-7067
http://www.wilmington-cs.com

<snip>
>I've
> copied a graphic, converted it to a GIF, and tried to reduce the size to
> 640 x 480 pixels (original size as TIFF was 1078 x 840), but the quality
> of the reduced size was horrible.
<snip>But