RE: JPG and GIF problems in Flash 4 + Preloading (ASAP)

by "Gary Barber" <gazbe(at)radharc.com.au>

 Date:  Fri, 23 Jul 1999 16:53:43 +0800
 To:  "Sunil Bahl" <sunilbahl(at)hotmail.com>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Importing the Jpegs into Flash. The rule generally is import them at 100%
with no loss.

Bitmap trace them at the best quality.  ANd then on the export pick the
settings you want. That way you are only getting one set of Lossing on the
jpeg images in Flash.

Preloading is easy, You do in the same way you do with a sound movie
preload, except its a scene.  Its just a matter of detecting when you have
loade dto the final frame of the relevate scene/movie.  This haa, BTW, been
made very simple now with FLASH 4.

Also their is a reasonable amount of online resources for flash that anwser
all these types of questions and some good tutorials.  If you don't know of
them, let me know and I'll place them on the list. There is a mailing list
on Flash (non HWG).

Gary

radharc.