RE: Was Slime: Homesite/ColdFusion

by "Kay Crowley" <kcrowley(at)concentric.net>

 Date:  Sat, 30 Jan 1999 22:08:43 -0600
 To:  "Spelaean" <webmaster(at)spelaean.com>,
<hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
{Sorry, I know this isn't graphics specific...last comment from me}

> >At $79 (or thereabout), HomeSite requires justifying? It's less than
> >FrontPage.
>
> You've seen it for that price?  Maybe it was a different edition.

>From the Allaire/Homesite Price List at http://www.allaire.com , 4.0 is the
latest version for both Homesite and Cold Fusion (both recently released):

HomeSite 4.0 Electronic Version  HS-40ELE-NT-US  $89
HomeSite 4.0 Packaged Version    HS-40PKG-NT-US  $99

I've used HomeSite for the last 2 or 3 years (version 2.0 up), and recently
purchased Cold Fusion.

Latest HomeSite *upgrade*:$ 29.95.
Upgrade to Cold Fusion 4.0 single user(on special) from HS4
(includes Cold Fusion Studio + Single User Cold Fusion)$ 199.95

Cold Fusion non-upgrade:

ColdFusion Studio 4.0    CF-40STU-NT-US      $395

You have to get the 50-user edition to bump $3500.

> A friend of mine, Ray Majoran of www.hiphopzone.com got
> the fullest versions of Homesite and Cold Fusion for around
> a total of $4,000.00.

Ouch, he must've had a need for one of the larger multi-user packages or a
live server setup rather than simple publishing.

> Speaking of which...
>
> Ray is a VERY talented web designer.  Check out his portfolio

I'll do it!

KC