RE: Vectoring in PhotoShop -- Now Possilble.

by "Gary Barber" <gazbe(at)omen.com.au>

 Date:  Fri, 11 Jun 1999 23:59:24 +0800
 To:  "Darren Gerbrandt" <2nerotik(at)nisa.net>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Okay I have used the versions of PhotoGraphics and Phototools Darren is
talking about extensively.

First off they are memory hogging filters. They are like typical Extensis
filters, mini applications, if your PS is struggling now, if you put these
in, you and going to run out of RAM when you use them, be aware of this. Its
not bad, its just that  good things take up space and memory (but this is
cheap).

Yes PhotoGraphics will produce vectors. But you can't reedit after you apply
(yeah I want every thing! ;>), but you can save the inbetween product.  It
not the full AI or FS but its good for the small to medium jobs.  Its almost
an baby AI within Photoshop.

But as Darren says, besides someones (can't recall who) filter, for text
following the path, this product is a gem. You will save time and money (if
you don't have FS or AI that is) using this tool.  Okay it costs. But its a
better deal for your money than the comparision filters for this type of
tool.

Gary

radharc.

(I'm not connected with Extensis)

Darren Gerbrandt said at  Friday, 11 June 1999 2:55