Re: Colour Wheel

by "StellarSite" <stellarsite(at)stellarsite.net>

 Date:  Mon, 26 Jan 1998 08:36:09 -0800
 To:  <rallen(at)dial.pipex.com>
 Cc:  "hwg-graphics" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
You wrote:
>Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 20:06:46 -0000
>From: Richard Allen <rallen(at)dial.pipex.com>
>Subject: Colour Wheel

 >Many years ago I can remember having a 'colour wheel' that had lots of
 >colours around the outer edge. You could tell what colours would
compliment
 >each other by seeing what two colours were opposite. Does anyone know of
 >such a 'wheel' or other such way of finding out this information?

Break out the colored pencils everyone.  Yea, this is one of the first
things you do in an art class.  Sure, you could use this:

    http://www.cs.cityu.edu.hk/~cwkyeung/colorscheme.html

But it'd be so much more fun to make it yourself. :)

Start with the primary colors: red, yellow, blue.  Make medium sized circles
of these evenly spaced apart (which would make it look like an equilateral
triangle if you connected the dots).  Work in a circle...take blue-yellow
to make green, then blue-red for violet, and yellow red for orange.  Fill
in between *those* to get the secondary colors, making sure to leave enough
working room.

David Huh - <davidhuh(at)stellarsite.net>

Project/Volunteer Coordinator, Webmaster
StellarSite Web Designs  http://www.stellarsite.net/
"Cleaning-up the web one page at a time...for free!"