RE: blending

by "Shay Jones" <shay(at)wcnet.net>

 Date:  Fri, 12 Feb 1999 14:39:04 -0600
 To:  <jkeywell(at)worldwidebaby.com>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Julie,

This task is a bit simpler in PhotoShop, however I'll give it a shot with
PSP.

1. Using the marquee tool, select about a third of the image you want
deleted.
2. Next do Selection | Modify | Feather
3. Enter 10-20 (play around with different setting to get what you want
4. Then hit your delete key - this will create a blended image fading to
your background color
5. Next, just type in the letters you want
6. Save as a gif89 format with your background color set for the
transparency.

Because of the blending of the colors you may not get a very good blend as a
transparent gif - In that case, save as a jpg and make your background color
on the html file the same color as your background in the photo.

Good luck

Shay

Bare Tranquility Designs
http://www.wcnet.net/shay/index.html
shay(at)wcnet.net  /  shay(at)Bayou.uh.edu
Member of the HTML Writer's Guild
http://www.hwg.org/