Re: How do they load so fast?

by "Nick Doylend" <ndoylend(at)hashishin.net>

 Date:  Wed, 16 May 2001 21:32:12 +0100
 To:  "Dana Mackonis" <DMackonis(at)otg.com>
 Cc:  "HWG Graphics" <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Is it just because they're small jpeg files?  Depending on what program
you're using there'll be a way of increasing the compression thus reducing
file size and download time.  I also had a look at the source code and
couldn't make head nor tail of it but I'm not aware of any java/javascript
tricks that decrease image load time.

Hope this helps...

nick(at)hashishin.net
http://www.hashishin.net