Re: hazy background

by "Shay" <shay(at)wcnet.net>

 Date:  Fri, 6 Mar 1998 04:38:25 -0600
 To:  "Bob Axmear" <bobaxe(at)sbt.net>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Morning Bob
I went in to look at your graphic.  I believe the problem is the compression
size for the jpg setting.  PSP5 has made some changes to the way the files
are saved and, while trying to put themselves more in line with the way
Photoshop handles files, they've ended up confusing things, especially on
the file save options.  Here are a couple of pointers.  The image distortion
was possibly due to a higher compression setting in the jpg format - which
results in poorer image quality.  You might want to check it by going to
options in the jpg file save.  Next try experimenting between progressive
and standard encoding to see which gives you the best results.

The transparency on the GIF format has also changed.  To set it up you need
to go to File - Preferences - General Program Preferences and set the
transparency there.   Then when you save your GIF file, select the Option
button and save as a GIF89A format - Noninterlaced.

As for this graphic - I tried to go in and make a repair to it, but the jpg
save did too much damage to the eagles and to the font.  I presume you still
have the eagles in a different file - I suggest remaking this graphic and
play around with the different format settings.  For this small of a
graphic, and with a simple color scheme, I'd try to save it at a lower
compression to improve the image quality.

Good luck

Shay  B-)

Bare Tranquility Web Design
http://www.wcnet.net/shay/index.html
shay(at)wcnet.net  /  shay(at)intertex.net
Member of the HTML Writer's Guild
http://www.hwg.org/