RE: Graphics tablets: Yes or No?

by "Shay Jones" <shay(at)wcnet.net>

 Date:  Mon, 15 Mar 1999 21:22:39 -0600
 To:  "Maureen A. Barlow" <mobarlow(at)earthlink.net>,
<hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I personally enjoy my tablet, however when I first started using it, it sat
on the side of my desk and was ignored.  If you want to use the tablet, take
every opportunity to introduce it into your graphics on a daily basis.

Now, for a much more cost effective suggestion - I picked up my first tablet
on an eBay auction at http://www.ebay.com for $50.  And I've now seen
tablets on http://www.egghead.com. These are Calcomp tables which may not
have the same features as a Wacom, but it's a whole lot more affordable for
something you don't know whether you'll use.

Also as an alternative, if you're creating your own graphics, try taking
what you draw and scan it - then work it from Photoshop with the mouse.

Shay

Bare Tranquility Web Design
http://www.wcnet.net/shay/index.html
shay(at)wcnet.net  /  shay(at)Bayou.uh.edu
Member of the HTML Writer's Guild
http://www.hwg.org/