Re: Web design

by "Terry Lane" <lanetech(at)redrose.net>

 Date:  Mon, 5 Jul 1999 23:59:14 -0400
 To:  <Reywob(at)aol.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>, <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Peter.

I would suggest signing up with ZD University. They are at www.zdu.com and
have a great new program where you pay $70.00 one time for the year and can
take unlimited online courses, either instructor-led or self paced. You have
to pay for books sometimes it's a normal expense. Their online catalog is
extensive and includes beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels.

Additionally, what you are doing here, joining this newsgroup, is great.
Also, I would highly recommend that you spend some time at
www.webmonkey.com. Not only is there much information and lots of free
tutorials and training, but the site has real character and every time I go
there I find something I have to print out and highlight and add to my
collection of notes. ZD Net is also great.

Of course the HTML Writer's Guild has excellent classes at a very affordable
cost too. I didn't mention that earlier in my response because I assumed you
knew that since you belong to this group, but then I realized that I wasn't
aware of the classes from hwg right away, not until I received the standard
mailing.

So, I would suggest a combination of free and low-cost on-line tutorials and
participating in newsgroups and then just learning as you go. I have found
the people on this group to be very patient and helpful. Good luck in your
future career!

Terry Lane
www.lanewebservices.com
www.falldowngetup.com