RE: Large images on the net....

by "Gary Barber" <gazbe(at)radharc.com.au>

 Date:  Wed, 15 Sep 1999 22:11:12 +0800
 To:  "Hwg-Graphics@Hwg. Org" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Yes the 30-40K per file weight is a good idea, almost an expect standard
now.

But if you are using template designs for a site. That's is the pages all
look and feel and same and have repeat graphics. Then you can get away with
a little more weight the deeper you go into the site. As in most cases (yes
there is always the exception) a viewer will have cached the previous
standard (repeated) images.

I'm not saying go overboard. Just be aware of what the cached image weight
is, and this may give you a little more room to play with.

Always remember if it takes more than a five seconds to load anything
interesting, most people will leave you site for another one.

Gary
radharc.