RE: Splicing

by "webmaster" <webmaster(at)1099-etc.com>

 Date:  Tue, 12 Jan 1999 09:11:45 -0600
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Stephen,

The main advantage to me for doing this is load time. As a viewer of a
website, I am much more likely to sit and watch many smaller images loading,
than to wait for a single image to finally appear. It makes a more appealing
website. I also think it loads faster as well.

Also, if you do any mousover effects with parts of the image, an imagemap
would be cumbersome.

To do a image splice, you can get one of many shareware and professional
programs that do just that, or ,like myself,  just use Photoshop to do it.

Chad Henderson
Webmaster

http://www.1099-etc.com