RE: Transparent graphic with smoother edges

by "Shay Jones" <shay(at)wcnet.net>

 Date:  Thu, 4 Mar 1999 03:44:53 -0600
 To:  "Virginia Blalock" <skatefan(at)visions.simplenet.com>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I wrote you about using Photoshop to fix the image.  Well, taking what I
knew about PS, I applied it to PSP5 to see if I could get the same results.
The methods turned out to be very simple and I figured I'd jot them down for
you

1. Open image in PSP5
2. Increase colors by performing Colors | Increase Color Depth | 16Million
3. Select All
4. Apply a Gaussian blur of 4 pixels ( Image | Blur | Gaussian Blur | Select
4 )
5. Next perform Colors | Adjust | Highlight/Midtone/Shadow (Check Auto
Proof )
6. Bring each of the handles to the center - Observe the change in your pic
while you draw the handles in
7. Adjust to your preference.
8. Save as GIF file and reduce your colors to 256 along the way

I hope this helps

Shay

Bare Tranquility Designs
http://www.wcnet.net/shay/index.html
shay(at)wcnet.net  /  shay(at)Bayou.uh.edu
Member of the HTML Writer's Guild
http://www.hwg.org/