Re: What machine/Frontpage

by "Debra Sawyers" <dsawyers(at)ptd.net>

 Date:  Tue, 22 Feb 2000 07:45:33 -0500
 To:  "graphics" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
No offense, but many businesses use Frontpage because it is part of the
office 2000 line...and it's a cheap stand-alone.  Frontpage is often a good
place to start because it encourages you to learn HTML to fix all that crap
(I used it for personal and business/work myself for quite awhile)  Once you
get on that track, then often Dreamweaver and/or homesite may be the next
logical step.  At my last position...FP 2000 custom templates were used to
setup frames after using K-edit to apply the markup and create the actual
HTML pages.

I understand that most designers hate Frontpage, but let's face it...if
businesses are using it, what can it hurt to learn it?  And if nothing
else...learning Frontpage gives you incredible experience learning what
DOESN'T work with Netscape LOL...It really hammers in that incompatibility
issue.

Deb