RE: Unisys and .gif

by "Martin T Hugo" <martyh(at)erinet.com>

 Date:  Mon, 30 Aug 1999 20:24:19 -0400
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
The summary from Browserwatch is a little misleading and obviously intended
to be inflamatory but it is something that should be investigated.

My $0.02 worth is that if you carefully read the definitions on the UNYSIS
site anyone with a link exchange banner doesn't qualify anyway!

Also I think that the license agreement that comes with your graphic
software predates and therefore preempts this statement from UNYSIS.  Of
course, I'm not a lawyer :-)

Then again, if they (UNYSIS) do make life difficult maybe PNG will finally
come of age.

I for one will not lose any sleep over it.

Thanks for the post

Marty