Re: How Do I Create This Effect?

by "Dusty" <designsbydusty(at)>

 Date:  Wed, 21 Aug 2002 17:13:47 -0500
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)>,
"beno" <lists(at)>
 References:  thewebsons
  todo: View Thread, Original

That's not a drop shadow. That's called a cutout effect. If you have PSP 7,
go to Effects > 3D effects > Cutout. There are some good tutorials around
the web that can help you. Or, if you don't have any luck, I might be able
to talk you through it. Just let me know. Have fun!


----- Original Message -----
From: "beno" <lists(at)>
To: <hwg-graphics(at)>
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2002 7:29 AM
Subject: How Do I Create This Effect?

> Hi;
> I've seen this effect on many Web graphics and I want to duplicate it.
> Please go here:
> There you'll notice how the artist created something like a drop shadow
> effect all around the graphic. How is this done? My tools include PS7 and
> Illustrator10.
> TIA,
> beno

HWG: hwg-graphics mailing list archives, maintained by Webmasters @ IWA