Re: Who are you folks--reality check?

by "Shay" <shay(at)wcnet.net>

 Date:  Sun, 8 Mar 1998 05:13:54 -0600
 To:  "Carol Geary" <caroling(at)earthlink.net>,
"HTML Writer's Guild Graphics" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Okay - I might as well jump on the bandwagon.  I just want to know, are we
going to make a bio page of the list members from this thread - LOLOL

I'm an old computer tech from the 70s.  I got into the business in 1974,
first repairing computers, then went on to design communications networks.
My earliest drawing experiences were with a package called Dr.Halo which I
used to create my network designs.  I used a pc with twin 5 1/4 floppy
drives and no hard drive.  The program diskette was loaded in one floppy and
the storage floppy was in the other (I celebrated when I finally upgraded to
a 20mg hard drive and a 3 1/2" floppy).   Around 1992 I got involved in a
local newsletter and started making small BMP graphics with MSPaint - I
learned how to modify - and often recreate - clip art images to get just the
images I wanted for the newsletter.   Not long after, the early web openned
up and I downloaded my first copy of PSP3.1.

Since then I've become intelligently ignorant.  I know enough about graphics
to do a fair job, but I want to learn more - which is why I'm on this list.
I've become adept at several art packages and love to solve problems -
probably comes from too many years repairing computers at the component
level - LOL.  Also, as a final comment, I dropped out of the business not
long ago to pursue a degree in Computer Science.  I'm now a 45 year old,
full time college - not a bad place to be right now.   Thought about
changing my degree to graphics arts, but I'll take it one semester at a
time.

Shay
Bare Tranquility Web Design
http://www.wcnet.net/shay/index.html
shay(at)wcnet.net  /  shay(at)Bayou.uh.edu
Member of the HTML Writer's Guild
http://www.hwg.org/