Re: Clipart, Photos from 1930s-40s

by "Laura Mollett" <lmollett(at)mis.net>

 Date:  Mon, 28 Jun 1999 15:11:26 -0400
 To:  "Guy Hoyle" <ghoyle1(at)airmail.net>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

>Hello,
>
>I'm looking for some photos and clipart from the 1930s and 1940s.
>Interested in online sources as well as good CD collections. Any ideas
>where I can find them?
>
>Guy
>ghoyle1(at)airmail.net

Superstock has a nice "Vintage" catalogue... maybe two as the one I have
says Vintage 2 with a lot of good photos of this type. 1-800-828-4545 to ask
for their catalogues (free and huge and practically a work of art themselves
;) and sample cds. I know they have a web site, but the URL is escaping me
at the moment. You can probably find it by searching for SuperStock. One
note of caution: I don't know your budget, but you may find their prices
rather high if you're looking for free or very inexpensive. They license per
use, so it makes a difference how big your audience is.

Laura Mollett