Re: Border in Photoshp

by "Shay" <shay(at)wcnet.net>

 Date:  Wed, 11 Mar 1998 03:41:36 -0600
 To:  <drwright(at)earthling.net>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

The modify border does give you the ability to add a border to the image,
but keep in mind, it does not increase the canvas size and the border you
select is feathered by at least half the size of the new border.  What that
means is if you select 30 as your new border size, and then paint into the
selected area, half the border will recieve the full paint, the remaining
half is blended into the image.  It's sorta okay if you want to create a
beveled look, but keep in mind that it adds a border to the image without
altering its size and takes away from the image up to the selected border
size.  As I indicated in an earlier post, I find it easier to increase the
canvas size, then select the new area with the magic wand.  This way you can
get full control over the color that goes into the selected area with no
feathering.

Shay
Bare Tranquility Web Design
http://www.wcnet.net/shay/index.html
shay(at)wcnet.net  /  shay(at)Bayou.uh.edu
Member of the HTML Writer's Guild
http://www.hwg.org/