Re: Image problem re-visited and revisted and revisted

by "Maggie Carr" <m.a.carr(at)decaelo.com>

 Date:  Fri, 20 Jul 2001 11:33:37 -0400
 To:  "Jami" <designsbydusty(at)tiadon.com>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>From the thread on this problem of yours, it sounded like PSP was the
program you used to create the combined image. Why you referred to it if it
wasn't the program you were using is as befuddling as the problem itself.

It was exactly the case with my viewing of that image, that once the gamma
was adjusted, the two-tone was obvious. As someone had posted earlier, the
scarlet complexion, etc. was apparent at the outset.

The investment of time to create the problem graphic could not have exceeded
the unravelling of the problems with it, and as you'd said, people sent you
fixed versions of it. Sometimes it's better to just cut your losses on a bad
file and carry on.

Maggie.

From: Jami <designsbydusty(at)tiadon.com>
To: Maggie Carr <m.a.carr(at)decaelo.com>
Date: July 20, 2001 10:18 AM

:As I said, this problem is occuring both in and out of PSP, and on multiple
:computers. The image appeared the way it did before I even tried to pull it
:up in my PSP, and the people who have told me they see the same thing I do
:don't own PSP or know how to use it.
:
:> If the problem is not with your monitor, and the problem is not with PSP,
:> then what is causing the image to look the way it does?
:> It seems we're talking about some sort of file corruption, maybe someone
:> knows of a JASC clinic where you could submit it for them to figure out.
:> On the other hand, I recall you had a problem recently with an image
:called
:> Coming Home that you had put through an optimiser that made the border
:> disappear, and it turned out that the optimiser had made it transparent.
:If
:> this image was optimised by the same program, maybe you ought to use
:> something else.
:>
:> Maggie.
:>
:>
:> :As I have said before, I have made every possible adjustment to my
:monitor
:> :that I or anyone else can think of to make. And, as I said in my last
:post,
:> :the problem occurs on at least 3 different monitors that I know of so
:far.
:> :So it is NOT a monitor issue. And the problem happens whether the image
:is
:> :viewed in or out of the graphics program. So it is NOT a Paint Shop Pro
:> :issue.
:> :
:>
: