Re: OCR

by "Mike Burks" <mburks952(at)worldnet.att.net>

 Date:  Fri, 19 Feb 1999 09:11:58 -0500
 To:  "Brian V Bonini" <vincent(at)qwick.net>,
"HWG Graphics" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Brian,

>From what little I know about it from my limited use I can give you some
tips I have found to be useful.

1. Make sure the copies you are using are clean as can be.

2. Certain fonts scan better than others.

3. The best I have ever gotten was about 95% accuracy and that is rare.  80%
is more like it.

4. Take a look at CNET and see if they suggest anything.

5. Don t be cheap spend the extra money for the best.

As I said I am not expert so Please no one flame me<grin>, but these are
things I have found in my limited and I do mean limited experience.

Sincerely,

Mike Burks