Re: Printing

by "Carol Parent" <parent(at)djam.com>

 Date:  Mon, 6 Sep 1999 14:08:41 -0500
 To:  "Sharyn Hinchcliffe" <sharyn(at)hcdesigns.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Sharon,

Ok, I will try to be as precise as possible.  I am very use to working on
the web.  If you do not like little jaggies, you anti alias it.  If you
don't like a color you click and it is gone.  So this printing stuff has
taken me for a bit of a loop.  I think it requires a lot more patience than
I have <grin>

It is a black and white logo on a plain piece of copy paper.  It is part of
a letter head.  I have tried scanning at ALL resolutions that the scanner
allows.  If I go just plain black and white drawing resolution I end up with
a very ragged graphic, if I scan as black and white  or color photograph I
end up with what looks like dirty white and dark gray.  Then as soon as you
start "filling" colors in it goes all messy again.  Tends to look "anti
alias" like you would want in a web graphic but looks lousy as a printed
graphic. (please keep in mind this is the FIRST time I have even attempted
to use a printer for graphics)

My questions were posed to you all more as a wanting to learn this.  It is
NOT essential for this project.  I just thought it would be nice to put
their logo in print on the proposal I am bringing with me to the
presentation.  Boy did that open up a can of worms.  4 hours later, my
dishes are still not done, my lawn still needs to be mowed, and the graphic
still looks lousy.

One gentleman recommended descreening, but I can not find that option
anywhere in my scanning software nor my Paint Shop Pro 6 beta.  As you can
see in this area I am a complete neophyte.

Thanks much,
Carol