Re: Flash

by "Laura Mollett" <lmollett(at)mis.net>

 Date:  Wed, 26 May 1999 09:27:16 -0400
 To:  <merike(at)mind.net>,
"hwg-graphics" <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

>I'm considering buying Flash. Can anyone give me some feedback on Flash?
>It comes in a package with Dreamweaver and Fireworks. I want to purchase
>both of these programs but not sure if I need Flash or how much I would
>use it in my web sites.

Flash is a vector drawing and animation program. It's not really simple to
learn to use (some find it easier than others of course), but it does
wonderful amazing things to web sites - fast loading, no waiting for an
interactive, moving site and instead of little gif animations shoved in here
and there, you have a complete package. Go and look at some Flash sites and
see if you like what you see, then take a look at the on-line tutorials and
manuals from MM's site... that should tell you if it's something you're
interested in :). Here's a couple of sites and you can find others from
"Shocked Site of the Day" or in the Flash area of MM's site.

http://www.gabocorp.com - the classic
http://www.diversitycorp.com/ - another great one, a business site.
http://www.calamityjane.com/ - an interactive graphic novel
http://www.suburbanlodge.com/ - a nice business application

There's lots of others and these are pretty much 'classics', not really new
applications (David Gary Studios is a really sharp new one, but I don't have
the url handy at the moment). But if you fall in love with this kind of
thing when you see it, you want flash :)

Laura Mollett