Re: Painful clients [was Webmaster or Web Designer]

by "Lonna Poland" <lonna(at)granbury.com>

 Date:  Sat, 12 Jun 1999 11:17:25 -0500
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
  The only thing I can think of is to
>double the amount I charge for working in house to discourage him - and it
>might discourage him from "fiddling" and then having to get me in to fix
>things again!

Fortunately, I haven't had any clients like this..."yet".  I've been trying
to figure out
what I might say or do in your place.  Raising your hourly rate charged
specifically for when you have to straighten our his messes, might be one
idea.  You'll probably have to bite the bullet with this one, but in the
future you might want to reconsider some rewording in your contract.

I think some clause in your contract in the beginning saying that you
guarantee YOUR work, but if someone else works on the site after you have it
created, that your guarantee won't cover that... and that your hourly rate
is ______ if you are called in after someone else has "redesigned" the site.
That might be a useful deterrent.  After all, when we buy a piece of
equipment, the warranty is always in place.... unless that equipment is
tampered with. :)

Lonna