Re: Graphics Program Question

by "Lisa Bradshaw" <zibbler(at)web-design-cs.com>

 Date:  Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:12:38 -0500
 To:  "HWG-Graphics" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
For me, Photoshop's price was prohibitive, as is the learning curve. Most
pros use Photoshop. I've never personally used it, but most people agree
it's a very powerfull program, but has a very steep learnig curve. I settled
with Paintshop Pro 7. It is nearly as powerful as Photoshop and even has
extra features Photoshop doesn't (so I've heard). I like Paintshop Pro. It's
relatively easy to use and produces nice graphics. It uses all the same
plugins that Photoshop does. I suspect Photoshop handles vectors a bit
better than PSP but I don't know for sure. If you're looking for a purly
vector based program, you can't go wrong with Xara X. So, that's my $0.02
FWIW.

HTH,
Lisa

Lisa Bradshaw ,  Web Designer