RE: Monitor/graphics saga continues

by "Peter Williams" <Peter.Williams(at)hendersons.com.au>

 Date:  Tue, 20 Oct 1998 09:52:39 +1000
 To:  "Karen Pickel" <pegleg(at)rapidnet.com>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Perhaps the squealling is due to it now running in non-interlaced
mode at a refresh rate it can't reaaly handle, hence lines go and
sound appears. All in all it sounds like a replacement of that
monitor is due.

Good luck with your own monitor purchase, I'm sure that if you stick with
the Pro level monitors from either Sony or Viewsonic you will be pleased
with your purchase, it is likely that you will want a new video card to
complement your new display too. Enough memory for high colour depths
and a fast enough refresh rates at the higher resolution you will be able
to use with such a fine monitor.

Peter Williams
LAN Support/Webmaster