Re: Images - where to find?

by "Laura Mollett" <lmollett(at)mis.net>

 Date:  Mon, 28 Jun 1999 15:22:40 -0400
 To:  "Kathy" <ksiddall(at)attcanada.net>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Subject: Images - where to find?

>When designing montages and custom images where does one find quality
images
>and objects without backgrounds. I prefer photos over clipart :-)
>I have been to Tony Stone, Photodisc, Corel, Masterfile and Digitalvision.
>Are there others that I am missing?

Some images from several of these companies come with clipping paths defined
so you can lift the image off the background. I'm pretty sure DigitalVision
does this, or has this option. I know DigitalGraphics Clipper images come
that way and I believe those are the same company. You may not realize it's
available if you're just dling the comp version or just looking for
something without backgrounds. You might call the companies and ask them. If
you're handy with vector drawing tools, you can make your own clipping paths
easily enough, or you can use a masking program that will separate an image
from the background. That way you have a lot more choice about images :) I
think it's also DigitalVision that has some of their collections without
backgrounds...the flowers in the floral section, the kitchen implements, and
food are all on white backgrounds in the catalogue I have.

Laura Mollett