SLimE...

by "Spelaean" <webmaster(at)spelaean.com>

 Date:  Sat, 30 Jan 1999 01:13:53 -0800
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Ugh!  No Frontpage!  It adds tabs to your HTML which translate into extra
>characters which means a bigger HTML file!
>
>Try Allaire's Homesite 4.0 instead. :)

What kind of comment is that?  That's like saying,
"Don't get a Honda Civic, get a Lamborghini Diablo".

Actually, FrontPage is my first choice for a number of
things.  Every host I've had has had Frontpage extensions.
It's great to take advantage of these for things like
guestbooks, discussion zones, mailer forms, etc..

For high-end, professional, and expensive site
management and development, Allaire's Home Site
and Cold Fusion are the way to go.  You'd better
have a pretty big project to justify using these,
though!

>This has got to be the coolest example of graphics used on the web with
>plug ins I have yet to see!
>
>http://www.countdown9199.com/

In all honesty, I thought this was one of the lamest
examples of Flash 3.  It was all just basically images
and things that are not only included with Flash, but
are right on the surface.  The sounds come with Flash.
The music and the photos are the only things that
didn't come with Flash.  Changing the alpha value
and scaling/repositioning/rotating the text and images
are the most simple and basic elements of tweening
in Flash.  I also found the loading scene really tough
to look at.  I basically thought it was horrible.

There are a ton of Flash sites out there, but here's
a pretty practical example:

http://www.gabocorp.com

-Steve