Re: client update form

by "Mike Eovino" <meovino(at)erols.com>

 Date:  Mon, 27 Dec 1999 15:21:19 -0500
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
This might be a little expensive for them, and might be like killing a fly
with a sledgehammer, but what about Lotus Notes and Domino?  It was made for
this kind of stuff.  We use Notes/Domino in my office, and I have a bunch of
small applications where people can enter information into a form (formatted
just like you would with a word processor), and it magically generates not
just the page, but a table of contents as well.  And with N/D, you can build
the entry forms to be used either with the Notes client or a web browser (no
formatting if you use the web browser).  Otherwise, you might be looking at
a custom project with Perl, PHP, Cold Fusion or ASP, with which lots of
people are doing something much like what you want (however, formatting will
be tough but not impossible, see Yahoo mail's ability to write HTML
formatted e-mail).

Word's Save As HTML feature leaves much to be desired, IMHO.

Mike Eovino
Webmaster
Estes Express Lines
http://www.estes-express.com