Re: Convert mac images to win images

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Tue, 30 Jan 2001 22:09:14 -0800
 To:  "Shreela" <have_a_question_for_you(at)yahoo.com>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Sherri,

I'm not sure about demoware, but I use MacDrive2000 (I started with an older
version called MacDrive98). It allows me to read Mac-formatted discs in the
Windows environment, and where necessary, convert the Mac files to Windows
format or vice-versa. I've never actually had a problem with being able to
view images that originated on a Mac; in fact, many of the images on the web
originated on Macs (Apple's site is pure Mac-based). As such, once you can
read the files, viewing and saving them in PC format should be a breeze.
It's the reading that will be tricky.

I know there are other programs available, but MacDrive has worked for me
for everything I've ever needed to use it for. It's loaded into the
operating system itself in the background, so it's always running. In Win2K
with MacDrive, I know when I've put in a Mac disc into my floppy, ZIP or CD
as a little apple icon appears over the drive image in the Explorer. I
really don't know if they have a demo version or not... I think they used
to, but sufficient people were able to abuse it that I don't think they
offer trialware anymore. But it's fairly inexpensive, so it wouldn't hurt
getting it and having it around, as you never know when you might need
something like this again. You can visit the Media4 site (the makers of it)
for more information at www.media4.com.

Good luck,
Kehvan