Re: Stupid *$*%($ Oval

by "Travis Wall" <wallt(at)cadvision.com>

 Date:  Fri, 5 Mar 1999 12:19:52 -0700
 To:  "HWG Graphics" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>BUT I can't figure out how to, in photoshop, make an oval that
>is skewed to one side, that doesn't look blurry, or all pixilated.

    Try a directional sharpen filter, or make the
    file in illustrator (or another vector drawing
    program), or build the image at a high
    resolution downsample it and sharpen it, or
    do it as a B/W, play with the contrast 'til
    its to your satisfaction, convert it to a blue
    duotone, and then to RGB.

    Any one of these should work reasonably well,
    but you won't be able to get it perfect - simply
    because of the anti-aliasing involved.

cheers
---
Travis Wall, Graphic Designer