Re: How big is my picture???

by "Gail Miller" <gmiller(at)gatewayone.com>

 Date:  Mon, 19 Nov 2001 10:20:34 -0500
 To:  "Jim O'Brien" <JObrien(at)witness.com>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I think that would depend on what the picture's "highest resolution" is and
the maximum resolution at which your printer will print. Most digital
cameras I've seen let you select a resolution; the lower the resolution, the
more pictures you can store in your camera's memory (and vice versa).

If you're taking it to a service bureau or printer that has very high level
printers and you want 1200 dpi, for instance, open the files in Photoshop
and that will give you a "print size." Adjust from there to the size YOU
want the photo to end up being.

Don't know if  we're on the same page here, but hope this helps.

Gail Miller