Re: Strange lines in background graphic

by "Shay" <shay(at)wcnet.net>

 Date:  Sun, 22 Feb 1998 06:22:31 -0600
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>,
"Kate" <moonstar(at)mail1.nai.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Kate - I just looked at your graphic and you may be having the same problem
you had earlier.  Go to that graphic - before you enter it onto the
animation - and, using the eye dropper, right click on your background
(this'll put your color onto the background pallete).  Then go to the color
pallete and call it up - See what index number your background is set for.
It could be set one or two digits off.  To make things easier and so you
won't have to redo the image - go to File - Preferences - File Format - and
set the Transparency value to pallete entry.  Enter the pallete number you
came up with and resave as Gif89A

If that doesn't take care of it, you may need to redo the graphic and insure
that only one color is present in the background - Don't make the image in
JPG and then save it as a GiF - this will only cause you problems during the
compressions and you may end up putting in more unwanted colors than you'd
expect.

Hope this helps

Shay  B-)

Bare Tranquility Web Design
http://www.wcnet.net/shay/index.html
shay(at)wcnet.net  /  shay(at)intertex.net
Member of the HTML Writer's Guild
http://www.hwg.org/