Re: Gradient fade....

by "Rob King" <kilroy(at)radiks.net>

 Date:  Tue, 6 Oct 1998 08:27:13 -0500
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Im also interested in this one... I've had many a problem with Netscape and
gradient jpgs....   when viewed with IE 3. and 4. the images look just fine
when viewed with any other graphics program they look great, but when viewed
with Netscape in anything less than 32 bit color, they are seriously banded.
If anyone knows how to avoid this I'm all ears...  I've tried every trick in
the book from limiting pallets to creating custom pallates to changing the
compression tools.  If anyone has a way around the problem please let me
know...   Or if its another Netscape bug, then I guess we all have to live
with it....
Thanks

Rob King
Graphics Director