Re: Assistance with graphics

by "Heather Peel, The Net Now" <heather(at)thenetnow.com>

 Date:  Mon, 28 Feb 2000 07:22:40 -0500
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hmm, In my opinion, using the full sized header and footer graphics is not
the best way to go.  The header and footer images total more than 83K which
is rather a lot.  And is unnecessary.  The page loaded ok for me using my
cable access, but others might find it slow.   If the page is coded
properly, you could carve up the graphics and lay the 'pieces' in a table
using a matching background and that would also give you the advantage of
having the table resize to the width of the browser properly.  Right now,
when I look at it in 800x600 the images end just short of filling my screen.
When I checked, the graphic is not 960 wide, it's 760 wide.

As for the font, there is no way to change a font on a .jpg graphic.  You
would need to go back to whoever created it and provided they have their
original files, they should be able to change the font.  (I like it
however).  It does seem a little faint for the yellow text below the logo on
the header.

The text on the footer looks really jagged to me though. Kind of fuzzy.
That could be improved.   In addition, these graphics really 'should' have
been made as .gif's instead of .jpg's.

Can you have them make adjustments to the graphics they sent?

Regards,

Heather

Heather Peel        email:   heather(at)thenetnow.com
The Net Now       website:   http://thenetnow.com
**  Affordable Web Hosting and Design