Re: Web Safe Colors

by "Andy Innes" <innax(at)icon.co.za>

 Date:  Fri, 15 Mar 2002 00:59:53 +0200
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
The most obvious thing that comes to mind when discussing the web safe
colour palette issue is the number of sites we've gone in to redo that were
*not* using the web safe palette and had images with a bg colour set to
match the page which had a hex background value.

There can also be colour temperature or gamma issues that affect your
perception where a blue r0 g0 b255 background which is hex 0000FF may look
fine in Photoshop and fine when previewing the page, but does not do so well
on another user's machine.